McMillen breaks Diaz's UFC record with 252 strikes in bonus-winning victory
Tommy McMillen stopped Alberto Montes at UFC Oklahoma City, setting a new three-round significant-strikes record.

Tommy McMillen extended his undefeated MMA record to 11-0 with a stoppage win over Alberto Montes on the main card of UFC Oklahoma City, earning his second consecutive $100,000 bonus while surpassing a longstanding UFC record previously held by Nate Diaz.
The 27-year-old featherweight, trained by former UFC champion Sean O'Malley and coach Tim Welch at Arizona's Red Hawk Academy, landed 252 significant strikes against Montes. That figure beat the 238 significant strikes Diaz recorded in his December 2011 fight with Donald Cerrone at UFC 141, which had stood for 15 years as the most in a three-round UFC fight.
McMillen got the job done with two and a half minutes left in the third round, after a back-and-forth opening frame that saw him stunned twice. He continued to pressure Montes along the fence, mixing punches, elbows and knees until referee Nick Berens waved off the contest.
A third Diaz brother?
McMillen has drawn comparisons to both Diaz brothers for his aggressive style, taunting and showboating. He has embraced the comparison, calling himself the 'third Diaz brother' in interviews. In his post-fight interview at the Paycom Center, he called out a fight at Noche UFC in Arizona on September 12, saying: 'Send me a Mexican on September 12. I'm coming home.'
- 252 significant strikes landed, a new three-round UFC record
- Second consecutive $100,000 performance bonus
- Stoppage win over Alberto Montes at UFC Oklahoma City
- Remains undefeated at 11-0 in professional MMA
- Former three-time Montana state wrestling champion
What's next
McMillen's rapid rise and crowd-pleasing style could land him a high-profile slot on Noche UFC later this year, though the UFC has not confirmed an opponent or bout agreement. With the record-breaking performance, the featherweight prospect has made it clear he wants to stay active and make a statement every time he steps into the cage.
相关报道

O'Malley protege McMillen breaks Diaz's 15-year UFC strike record
Tommy McMillen landed 252 significant strikes in a stoppage win over Alberto Montes at UFC Oklahoma City.


Paddy Pimblett offered role in Guy Ritchie's MobLand, says Dana White
UFC CEO Dana White says MobLand producers want Pimblett after his 52-second UFC 329 win.