O'Malley protege McMillen breaks Diaz's 15-year UFC strike record
Tommy McMillen landed 252 significant strikes in a stoppage win over Alberto Montes at UFC Oklahoma City.

Tommy McMillen made UFC history on Saturday night, breaking a 15-year-old record previously held by Nate Diaz during his bonus-winning victory at UFC Oklahoma City. The 27-year-old featherweight, trained by former champion Sean O'Malley and Tim Welch at Red Hawk Academy, stopped Alberto Montes on the main card.
McMillen improved to a perfect 11-0 as a professional and earned his second consecutive $100,000 performance bonus. His total of 252 significant strikes surpassed Diaz's mark of 238, which Diaz set against Donald Cerrone at UFC 141 in December 2011.
The Montana native, a three-time state wrestling champion in high school, had to survive a wild opening round in which he was stunned twice. He then took control, pressing Montes against the fence and landing punches, elbows and knees before finishing the fight with a flurry in the third round.
Diaz brother comparisons
McMillen's fighting style, showboating and trash talk have drawn frequent comparisons to both Nate and Nick Diaz. He embraces the label, calling himself 'the third Diaz brother' in a post-fight interview with Daniel Cormier.
- McMillen stopped Montes with about two and a half minutes left in round three.
- The win was his 11th straight, all without a loss on his pro record.
- He banked a $100,000 bonus for the second UFC appearance in a row.
- The previous three-round record of 238 significant strikes was set by Nate Diaz in 2011.
- McMillen called for a fight at Noche UFC in Arizona on September 12.
What's next
McMillen has already called his shot for the UFC's Noche UFC event in Arizona, asking matchmakers to book him on that card. A rapidly rising featherweight with an electric style, he now appears to be on track for a ranked opponent later this year.
مقالات ذات صلة

McMillen breaks Diaz's UFC record with 252 strikes in bonus-winning victory
Tommy McMillen stopped Alberto Montes at UFC Oklahoma City, setting a new three-round significant-strikes record.

Paddy Pimblett offered role in Guy Ritchie's MobLand, says Dana White
UFC CEO Dana White says MobLand producers want Pimblett after his 52-second UFC 329 win.

إضافة مايكل بيج إلى بطاقة يو إف سي باريس؛ مباراة إعادة محتملة بين أسبينال وغان
يعود مايكل 'فينوم' بيج لمواجهة نورسلتون روزيبويف في 5 سبتمبر؛ توم أسبينال قد يكون الحدث الرئيسي ضد سيريل غان.